Foster Parent Training
Panhandle FAPA Meetings
Foster Parents may earn 2 hours of training credit when they attend a Foster Adoptive Parents Association meeting. Foster Adoptive Parent Associations or FAPA's are a great way to network with other foster parents. Please see the support group tab on this web site for more information about a FAPA near you.
FLORIDA STATE FAPA INFORMATION
Below you will find links to the Florida State FAPA web site and Facebook page. You will find helpful information as well as training opportunities on their web site.
Safety Methodology for Foster Parents
The Center for Child Welfare provides a variety of computer based video training free of charge.
Lunch-N-Net is an interactive 30-minute web show dedicated to inform and entertain child caregivers. Each show will have a special guest to highlight popular topics and answer viewer questions. Hosted by Just In Time Training's Lora Diaz, Lunch-N-Net is sure to make the most of your lunch hour.
Don't forget to click on the link below the episode on the Lunch-N-Net page to get your training certificate.
30 MINUTE TRAININGS (Videos)
- Season 2 Episode 7: Keeping Your Marriage Strong ...
- Season 2 Episode 6: The Challenges of Poverty ...
- Season 2 Episode 5: Caring For Children Who May ...
- Season 2 Episode 4: Anger
- Season 2 Episode 3: Runaways
- Season 2 Episode 2: Transitions and the Work ...
- Season 2 Episode 1: The Normalcy Bill
- Season 1 Episode 12: Step Up for Students
- Season 1 Episode 11: Engaging Families ...
- Season 1 Episode 10: Foster Parenting 102
- Season 1 Episode 9: Foster Parenting 101
- Season 1 Episode 8: Abuse Allegations and Foster ...
- Season 1 Episode 7: Advocating for Children
- Season 1 Episode 6: Youth Success Stories
- Season 1 Episode 5 Interview with Jack Levine
- Season 1 Episode 4: Interview with Mrs. Tanya Wilkins
- Season 1 Episode 3: Interview with Secretary ...
- Season 1 Episode 2: Kids in Court Rule Change
- Season 1 Episode 1: Normalcy
1 Hour Trainings
- Attention Deficit and Disruptive behavior Disorders (.pdf)
- Attention Deficit and Disruptive Behavior Disorders Test (.pdf)
- LGBTQ (.pdf)
- LGBTQ Test (.pdf)
- Florida Child Restraint Laws (.pdf)
- Florida Child Restraint Laws Test (.pdf)
- Life Skills Inventory Training (.pdf)
- Life Skills Inventory Training Test (.pdf)
- Extended Foster Care Training (.pdf)
- Family Safety Contract Training (.pdf)
- Family Safety Contract Test (.pdf)
- Difficult People Training (.pdf)
- Family Engagement Training (.pdf)
- Hurricane Preparedness (.pdf)
- Medication Log Training
- Medication Log Training Test
- Respite Training (.pdf)
- Sibling Bond (.pdf)
- Effects of Domestic Violence on Children (.pdf)
- Travel Training (.pdf)
2 Hour Trainings
- Confidentiality Secrets Revealed (.pdf)
- Family Time Visits Training (.pdf)
- Family Time Visits Test (.pdf)
- FFN Licensing Standards (.pdf)
- Foster Care Referral Training (.pdf)
- Learning Style Training (.pdf)
- Sunshine Health Child Welfare Specialty Plan (.pdf)
- Sunshine Health Child Welfare Specialty Plan Post Test(.pdf)
- Teen Normalcy Plan (.pdf)
- Training - Safety on the Internet (.pdf)
- Understanding Brain Dev. In Young Children Training (.pdf)
- Understanding Brain Development In Young Children Test (.pdf)
- Understanding Independent Living (.pdf)
3 Hour Trainings
- Psychotropic Drug Handbook (.pdf)
- Psychotropic Drug Test (.pdf)
Sexual Abuse Awareness Training (.pdf)
FamiliesFirst Network now has a Facebook page! Become a fan and find out about events, then watch your mail for more!
Join us on Facebook
If you are a member of Facebook, visit our FamiliesFirst Network Foster Parent Facebook Group to view events on our wall, and connect with other foster parents in our area. This page is a closed group and is available only to current and former foster parents. Click on the join link and one of the page administrators will accept you and you will be able to access the page. Go to Facebook.
Special Training Opportunities
FOSTER PARENT COLLEGE
Need training on your time schedule. FFN has a limited amount of Foster Parent College Training credits to give out to help you with some of your training requirements. If you are interested; please call Stephanie Dickey at 850-429-6674 so she can sign you up.
Upcoming Events/ Just For Fun
Community Spring Fling
Where: FFN Children's Services Bldg.
When: March 28th - 11 a.m.- 2 p.m.
Sponsored by Lakeview Center and the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families