Our methadone treatment program addresses the physical aspects of addiction to opium-derived drugs, including prescription pain medications and illicit drugs such as heroin. The use of methadone is important in addition to counseling to successfully achieve recovery. The length of methadone treatment is based on state and federal regulations, the program's admission and discharge criteria, and individual needs. Continued counseling is recommended for at least one year following methadone detoxification. This support helps clients remain drug-free and avoid relapse.
In addition to the administration of a daily dose of oral methadone, services provided by the Opiate Treatment Program include:
- Individual and group counseling
- Family counseling
- Medical assessment and monitoring
- Health education with emphasis on information about hepatitis and the AIDS virus
- Case management
- Referral for medical and social services
- Specialized and comprehensive treatment for women who are pregnant and are using opiates
- Service needs that are not met within our program are referred to other resources or more intensive forms of treatment within Lakeview Center or the community.