Once you learn that you meet the admissions criteria, you will attend an orientation. Following orientation, we will schedule time with you for a clinical and medical intake. The intake usually occurs within two weeks after the orientation class.
You must currently have a physiological dependence on opiates and evidence of addiction for at least one year before applying for methadone treatment. Only three exceptions are allowed:
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have been incarcerated 30 days or longer within the past six months.
- If you have received at least six months of maintenance treatment, with discharge or detoxification occurring no more than a year ago, and have no other forms of treatment available to you.
- If you are age 18 or older
- If you have a willingness to undergo inpatient detoxification for concurrent non-opiate or alcohol dependence if it is indicated and approved by a physician within our program
- If you have no unstable psychiatric, emotional or behavioral conditions or complications that could distract from recovery
- If you have stable living arrangements, transportation and social/family support
- If you have a willingness to sign a Release of Confidential Information from private physician(s), Department of Children and Families and other legal authorities involved in your referral
- If you are medically stable and approved for admission by a physician with our program
- If you have a stable and legal means to pay for a daily dosing fee
- If you have a lack of documented dependency on opiates
- If you have an unwillingness to discontinue use of prohibited prescription medications such as benzodiazepines — a class of tranquilizers, sleeping pills and muscle relaxers
- If you are at current risk of harming yourself or others
- If you are actively psychotic
- If you have medical conditions or complications that require treatment in another setting
Call now and begin your journey to a drug-free life.
- MAT Clinic – Pensacola, Fl., 850.466.3400
- MAT Clinic – Shalimar, Fl., 850.609.1040
- MAT Clinic – Century, Fl., 850.256.6165