Sexual Assault Awareness Month 2018
Pensacola, Fla. (April 9, 2018) - Across the nation during April people are observing Sexual Assault Awareness Month. This observance is an opportunity to help our community understand that we have specific programs and services to help sexual assault victims, family members and friends. The Lakeview Center Victim Services Team is here for you. We invite the community to participate in some impactful events throughout the month.
- All Month– Participate in 30 days of the SAAM Instagram contest. Visit eLakeviewCenter.org for details.
- All Month– Visit the “What She Was Wearing" exhibit of survivor’s clothing in Tallahassee by the Florida Council Against Sexual Violence. Visit pavingtheway.net/what-she-was-wearing to learn more.
- Wednesday, April 25 – In partnership with Pensacola State College, a documentary film titled "The Hunting Ground" will be shown at the Pensacola Campus, Hagler Auditorium, Building 2, from 11 a.m. until noon. A panel discussion will follow the screening. Learn more at thehuntinggroundfilm.com.
- Thursday, April 26 – Join us for the "Your Voice Has Power" Karaoke awareness event/fund-raiser, starting at8 p.m. at Cabaret, 101 S. Jefferson St.
Lakeview Center is the community’s trusted partner for behavioral health services and helps people through traumatic experiences to heal and feel safe. Call the 24-hour helpline at 850.433.7273 even on weekends and holidays. Our Certified Sexual Violence Program provides services at three locations located throughout Northwest Florida:
1. Lakeview Center Main Campus, 1201 W. Lakeview Ave., Bldg. H, Pensacola, FL 32501
2. Avalon Center, 6024 Spikes Way, Milton, FL 32583
3. Century Clinic, 6021 Industrial Blvd., Century, FL 32535
For more information visit our Victim Services web page or call 850.469.3800.