Suicide Prevention Month 2021
Pensacola, Fla. (September 1, 2021) – Suicide Prevention Month is observed in September, and it’s not just another observance, it’s the 10th leading cause of death in the nation. While we await data from 2020, we do know that suicide remains an alarming issue.
Why? Some of the things occurring in our society post high risk factors for suicide (e.g. job loss, illness, death, isolation, uncertainty). That makes it even more important that we pull together as a community to help share resources for prevention. Please share these resources to ensure we keep our community safe and healthy. Suicide can happen to anyone.
Suicides are preventable. Know about the resources:
- Always call 911 in a suicide crisis
- Lakeview Center Mobile Response Team 866.517.7766
- Text 741741
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 800.273.8255
- Trevor Project Lifeline – Saving Young LGBTQ Lives 866.488.7386
- The Veterans Crisis Line 888.640.5443