Marvin C. Chaffin, II, M.S., L.M.H.C.
Licensed Mental Health Counselor Marvin Chaffin is director of Lakeview Center's Pensacola methadone clinic. Marvin has more than twenty years of diverse behavioral health experience, and is well experienced in the treatment of addictive disorders. He is a firm believer in the recovery process and a staunch advocate for individuals with addictive disorders.
Terry Ptacek, M.D.
Dr. Terry Ptacek is the medical director of substance abuse services for Lakeview Center Inc. A certified addictionologist, Dr. Ptacek treats clients at The Friary , Summit Group , the Lakeview Center Methadone Clinic and the Acute Stabilization Unit on the main Lakeview Center campus. He is board certified in family practice.
- Medical Education: University of Kansas School of Medicine, Kansas City, KS
- Residency: Charleston Naval Regional Medical Center, Charleston, SC
- Board Certification: Family Practice
- Additional Credentials: Certification in Addictionology by the American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Professional Memberships: American Medical Association; Florida Medical Association; American Academy of Family Practice; American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Clinical Interests: Addiction disorders, medication-assisted treatment of opiate addictions
- Additional Information: Dr. Ptacek is licensed to prescribe buprenorphine, a medication marketed under the brand name, Suboxone, and proven to be effective in treating addiction to prescription pain medicines and other opium-derived drugs.